Skip to main content

St. Mungo’s United Church

Version imprimableVersion imprimable
Brownsburg (Cushing)
Administrative Region: 
Record created by: 
Sandra Stock
Address / Directions: 

In Cushing, on Route des Outaouais (Rte.148),.

Brief history: 

Presbyterian church, large and impressive, built in 1836 in old community of Cushing on Ottawa River. Originally very affluent important river transportation centre. Congregation now very small, building now unsafe, needs restoration.

Legal Owner: 
United Church of Canada
Elaine Fuller, chairperson of volunteers from church
Governance Structure: 
Volunteer group: about 5 are active and / or donate towards upkeep
Contact Info: 

Elaine Fuller 518 Rte. des Outaouais Brownsburg (Cushing) QC J8G 1Z2 (450) 562-2524

Date of Earlist Burial: 
1800 (earliest recorded, 1845 earliest remaining stone; (pre-dates church)
Date of most Recent Burial: 
1940s Except: minister’s wife in 1990s
Cemetery Status: 
Inactive. No room left for burials. Very rocky under first foot of soil. Missing stones.
Cemetery Size: 
About 1 acre
Number of Burials: 
100+. No exact records