Skip to main content

New Glasgow Anglican

Version imprimableVersion imprimable
Municipality: 
Sainte-Sophie (New Glasgow)
MRC: 
La Rivière-du-Nord
Administrative Region: 
Laurentides
Record created by: 
Sandra Stock
Address / Directions: 

Chemin L’Achigan sud, Sainte-Sophie.

Brief history: 

Original site of the first St. John’s Church built in 1840, taken down in 1956. Only cemetery remains. New building, formerly Methodist, was then acquired in “centreville” New Glasgow at great distance from cemetery

Legal Owner: 
Anglican Diocese of Montreal
Custodian: 
George Vacaresco, town employee, cuts grass
Governance Structure: 
Volunteers from St. John’s Church, New Glasgow
Date of Earlist Burial: 
1850
Date of most Recent Burial: 
2006
Cemetery Status: 
Active – but not really busy!
Cemetery Size: 
1 acre
Number of Burials: 
About 200
QFHS: 
QC1014