This series of 8 bilingual field guides touches upon a wide range of issues of concern to those working with non-profit organizations that depend upon volunteers. Titles in the series include:
1) Serving in Our Communities: Elements of effective volunteer programming for non-profit groups
2) Volunteer Recruitment Basics: Finding and persuading supporters to donate their time and energy
3) Off to a Good Start: Preparing new volunteers for success through effective orientation
4) Lead by Example: Key skills and functions of the dedicated volunteer manager
5) Saying Thank You: New approaches to volunteer recognition and appreciation
6) Keeping an Eye Out: Best practices for managing risk in the voluntary sector
7) Young Blood: Tapping into the talents and energy of youthful volunteers
8) Mission Drivers: How micro-volunteering can save the heritage movement
To order a set of bilingual Volunteering Matters Booklets, please send $15 (which includes s/h) to: QAHN, 400-257, Queen, Sherbrooke, Qc J1M 1K7. For non-QAHN members, add $2.00 per order.
Order while supplies last!