Young Canada Works in Heritage Organizations - Now Accepting Applications for 2017-2018!
OTTAWA, Ontario, November 24, 2016 - The Canadian Museums Association (CMA) is pleased to deliver the Young Canada Works (YCW) program offering summer jobs and internships, a shared initiative with the Department of Canadian Heritage. Applications are now being accepted for the YCW in Heritage Organizations (Summer Jobs) program stream.
To read the call for applications, please visit: museums.ca/uploaded/web/docs/YCW/YCWHO_Public_Call_November_2017.pdf
Young Canada Works has moved to a new website! Visit the program's new website at young-canada-works.canada.ca to create an account and submit an application. Organizations that are interested in applying are encouraged to review the program's guidelines and resources below before submitting an application online.
The employer application deadline for summer jobs is January 16, 2017.
Previous applicants will be able to view prior applications and complete reports for the 2016 cycle on the old website www.youngcanadaworks.ca until April 2017.
To fulfill program requirements, the priorities of this call for YCW-HO applications include:
· Supporting employers with a mandate related to cultural heritage
· Supporting Indigenous employers
· Supporting Indigenous heritage projects
· Supporting the hiring of young Indigenous students
· Supporting projects related to Canadian history and/or the 150th anniversary of Confederation in 2017.
(Applicants satisfying one or more of these priorities are encouraged to identify the priority in the application.)
General YCW-HO requirements
Approved YCW-HO projects and employers must meet the general criteria (http://canada.pch.gc.ca/eng/1466191409480) of the program. In all cases, successful YCW-HO jobs:
· Are intended for current full-time students who are returning to full-time studies in the fall of 2017 and who meet the YCW-HO youth participant eligibility criteria (http://canada.pch.gc.ca/eng/1459433313024);
· Can receive up to $8,000 in financial support from YCW per position. YCW-HO normally contributes between 25 and 50 percent of employment costs (wages, benefits and other eligible expenditures) and may, as warranted, contribute up to 75 percent of employment costs;
· Must be scheduled for a minimum duration of 6 weeks, to maximum 16 weeks; and
· Must offer 30 to 40 hours of work per week. Part-time employment is permitted for candidates with a disability.
Useful resources for applicants
Applicants are encouraged to review resource material and to contact CMA's program staff for any required clarification. Resources include:
· YCW Employer Guide (http://museums.ca/uploaded/web/docs/YCW/Guide_EN_2017-2018.pdf)
· YCW employer eligibility criteria (http://canada.pch.gc.ca/eng/1459525918316)
· YCW youth participant eligibility criteria (http://canada.pch.gc.ca/eng/1459433313024)
· YCW-HO application evaluation criteria (http://canada.pch.gc.ca/eng/1465320483064)
· CMA's website - for YCW employers section (http://www.museums.ca/site/ycwemployers)
Apply now! Submit your applications at young-canada-works.canada.ca.
Application deadline is January 16, 2017.
Are you also looking to hire a recent graduate for an internship? Stay tuned for our Call for Applications for the YCW at Building Careers in Heritage (Internships) program stream in the New Year.